Monday, August 24, 2009

Great Scott

Mike Copeland is hooping it up in Scotland. He had been playing in the Eurobasket Summer League in Las Vegas.

He ended up signed a one year deal with the Glasgow Rocks and will get to use a car in addition to his salary. He will also be living with another American player that plays on the team.

I'm happy for Copeland as he is able to pursue something that he wants to do. Mike's optimism comes out in a quote from the article: I'm trying to take a step into the door here," Copeland said. "If I can go to Scotland and play real well, maybe I can get a chance to play in the NBA or someplace else."

While I don't think Copeland will be in the NBA anytime soon, I can see him excelling overseas and moving up in the world of international basketball. I hope he likes Haggis.

No comments:

Post a Comment