Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oh How the Mighty Have Fallen

I'm having a hard time coping with this team right now because I thought they would be better. I expected the team to be competitive and at times they have been, but not for a while 40 minutes. Yes, we've been hit with some injuries, but that comes with any team.

3 losses in a row is new territory for we the fans because we have been absolutely spoiled by Roy Williams and his staff and the players he has brought in. There are still quite a number of teams who would love to have our problems.

There is some talk that our team is NIT bound and I can't say I quite agree yet. There is still a lot of basketball to play and our Strength of Schedule has been pretty solid this year with the top 35 teams in the nation. Yes, the Heels do need to take care of some business to avoid bubble talk, but I'm confident they will rebound here. They have to, right?

1 comment:

  1. Being an avid blue blood I want to agree with your comments but, sad to say I think we are going to miss the NC 2A's. Roy seems to want to push the team like Felton or Lawson was walking through that door. A tell of a great coach is to use the players that you have skills and mold them into a winner. The kids he has are great players, I just believe he needs to slow them down and try to do something different. Such as setting up some offensive plays, play more Big Ten style of basketball. The heels play decent defense when they are not chasing down fast breaks due to turnovers. Roy needs to rethink what his game plan will be. Let the guys play in a pro style, run and gun right now is not the best option.

    ReplyDelete