Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Season in Review: Justin Watts

I didn’t expect Watts to do much of anything this year and for some of the season, he didn’t, but at times, especially early on in the season. He didn’t blow you away with his numbers, but he was able to step in when some of the guards were injured and play to the best of his abilities and that’s all we can ask. There have been some transfer rumors around Watts at times, and I like him enough to keep him on the bench as an option.

What I didn’t like:
1. Skill. Although I like Watts, I wish he could be better than what he is. But in his defense, he did well in his limited minutes. Shooting percentages are pretty good, but also a little skewed because he almost always played in garbage time.

What I liked:
1. Effort. He tries hard and that’s all we can ask. I don’t expect him to go out and score 12 points per game. He does his best to do what the team needs - an excellent example of a team player.

Watts, again is a good option to have. I think he could get better, but he does what he does and that’s what we ask him to do.

1 comment:

  1. A client of mine would like to advertise on your blog. Please contact me.

    ReplyDelete