Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Look Out World!

Two posts in two days. I'm making a comeback on the blogging world.

First let's congradulate Dustin Ackley. He was the second overall pick in the MLB draft and will probably be the next best hope for the Seattle Mariners. Also, he is in his fourth College World Series and now is the all-time hits leader in the College World Series. He now has 27 hits in 14 games after going 5-6 yesterday. I know this blog is mostly about basketball, but I do try and follow the Heels on the diamond as well.

Second, we have some new top 25s in the college basketball world. Fox Sports has the Heels at #5; Sportsline has them at #4; Andy Katz has them at #5 and Pat Forde has them at #4. So things are looking pretty good for the Heels, but this is all on paper and has no real relevance until March. But it gives the writers something to write about and it gives the fans something to think about - and believe me, I am thinking about next year. I'm so ready to see this team in action. I like what Pat Forde said about the Heels:

"Carolina has become recession-proof."

I like reading that statement. It makes me feel good. So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment