Thursday, December 31, 2009

Put Me in Coach

Because I am ready to play. Albany should not have been allowed to end the game on a 23-2 run. Yes, we did have some walks-ons in there, but that's no excuse for the rotation players to want to try and throw alley-oops and no look passes for 4 straight possessions. I don't have much to say, but I don't think we can keep coming up with excuses for this team. First it was youth, then turnovers, then not manning up, then it was not finishing teams off.

Adam Lucas brought up this point in his post-game article and I think it has some merit. He compares this team to the 2003-2004 team, which had to buy into Roy Williams' system and figure out what was expected of them and I can see it. This team seems to be struggling with following orders and focusing based on Williams comments, but I'm not sure. I'm not there and I can only get so much from print media.

Leslie McDonald played well in the absence of Marcus Ginyard and Justin Watts. It would be great if he could use this game as a spring board and produce more when he is on the court, but time will tell. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment