Tuesday, December 1, 2009

UNChallenged

That's a nice picture and it's hard to believe that it was nearly 8 months ago, but it has been and tonight is the rematch in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge against the National runner-up, Michigan State Spartans and your North Carolina Tar Heels.

To be honest, this doesn't seem like a rematch to me. North Carolina's roster has undergone an overhaul because of the departures. MSU has lost some too, but not as much.

But before we dive into too much pre-game babble, lets be sure to congratulate Coach Williams on win #600. I wish him many more because I like him around. It seemed like his 500th win was just 2 seasons ago, when it was probably more like 3 and that's quite an accomplishment for the old guy. I only say old because he looks funny with his sling on out there in his defensive stance.

Back to the game at hand and I'm just not feeling too good about this game. Quite a number of ranked opponents in the next few games and I don't think this young Heels squad are up to the task just yet, but they could surprise me because they have before.

Two obvious advantages that the Heels do have is that the game is in Chapel Thrill, so the crowd will be behind them and be cranking at tip-off time. The other advantage is our front court, as will almost always be the advantage for this year's team. UNC, if able to establish themselves in the paint and on the boards, may be able to run away with this game.

So we'll see. As I write this, I starting to feel better about the Tar Heels chances. We haven't lost as ACC/Big Ten Challenge since 06 and the ACC has never lost, so we'll look to keep the streak alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment