Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hard Foul

I read somewhere (I can’t find the link) about how teams are roughing up Blake Griffin and his parents are sick of it. This is something I have harped on in my extensive time in the blogging world about how players are getting hit a lot more than they have in the past, which I don’t like and probably no one does, so I sympathize with the Griffins’ situation.

But at the same time, I also say, suck it up. Has Gene Hansbrough ever gone to the media and said “My son is getting hit too much and it needs to stop”? No, which is a credit to him and the rest of the Hansbrough family. There have been times, where I just can’t stand to watch officials because they are letting these shots to the head go as just a foul and not a flagrant or intentional foul. I’m not saying that everyone needs to be like that, but how many times have we seen Hansbrough fall flat on his back because some thug laid him out or someone came around and broke his nose (yes, I know he was suspended, but still).

I understand where the Terminator’s parents are coming from, but he’s only had 2 years of it, and probably just excessively this year alone. Hansbrough has gotten it for at least the past 3 years. Think about how many soaks in the hot tub that amounts to.

No comments:

Post a Comment