Monday, March 9, 2009

Triumphant Awards

So I thought I would post some of my awards for the ACC. It's tough to leave some people off, but here goes.


ACC 1st Team
-Tyler Hansbrough
-Ty Lawson
-Gerald Henderson
-Jack McClinton
-Toney Douglas

ACC 2nd Team
-Tyrese Rice
-Trevor Booker
-Kyle Singler
-Wayne Ellington
-Jeff Teague

ACC 3rd Team
-Danny Green
-Gani Lewal
-Greivis Vasquez
-James Johnson
-Malcolm Delaney
*If I went with a traditional C, PF, SF, SG, PG lineup, I would have moved Booker in and probably pumped Toney Douglas down, but then that would throw everything off. These are open to debate, but this is just my opinion.
All Freshman Team
Al-Farouq Aminu, Wake Forest
Sylven Landesberg, Virginia
Solomon Alabi, Florida State
Ed Davis, North Carolina
Iman Shumpert, Georgia Tech
*Not a lot of huge names as far as freshman, but if they stick around, I'm sure they will become more familiar. Especially that Ed Davis guy.
As for the big stuff:
Player of the Year: Tyler Hansbrough and Ty Lawson
Rookie of the Year: Al-Farouq Aminu
Coach of the Year: Dino Gaudio and Leonard Hamilton
Defensive Player of the Year: Trevor Booker
*Yes, I gave Player of the Year to 2 guys on the same team. My feeling is that Ty Lawson will win this award. He had has a great year, probably a masterful year, but Tyler Hansbrough is being measured by last year's success and that is unfair to him. His scoring and rebounding are down, but that's because his teammates have all gotten better in other areas. And it's not like Hansbrough has just laid back this year. He still takes charges, he improved his outside shot, free throw shooting, and 3 point shooting. I can make a case for either one of these. ROY is a given. I gave COY to two coaches because Dino has made Wake competitive again, especially after Skip's passing. As far as Leonard Hamilton, name 3 players from Florida State. Exactly. Booker has been solid and is active on the blocks, boards, and steals.
*I will be blogging about the Duke/UNC game later.

No comments:

Post a Comment