Monday, March 9, 2009

Thanks for the Memories

The story book season has another good part of the book. The seniors went out with a win and clinched the ACC regular season. I think fans put more emphasis on the tournament then the season, but I side with Roy Williams, who often says that the regular season is a sustained effort. The tournament can depend on who gets hot at the right time. But congratulations to the 08-09 regular season champs.

The drama of the game is over and the thrill of victory is still there, just not as strong, so I'm just going to jump right in to what I liked and didn't like.

What I didn't like
-Couldn't put Duke away. This is a credit to Duke as a team though (am I giving them props?). Every time UNC made a run, Duke had an answer, but ultimately, every time Duke made a run Bobby Frasor had an answer.

-Wayne Ellington's free throws. 1-5 is not cool by me, but he will bounce back.

What I liked
-Beating Duke. It is always special. I'm hoping we can return the favor of dominating them, like they dominated us in the earlier part of the decade.

-Everyone contributing. No one Tar Heel carried this team (you can make a case for Ty Lawson, who played amazingly awesome), but it was a team effort, especially on defense. I think we are looking good.

-Big plays. Danny's pull up was like "Oh Danny, no" to "OHHH DANNY, YEAH." Bobby drew a huge charge and a big jump ball towards the end. Ty Lawson's "and-1" and Tyler's two 3's.

Overall, a great win and I'm glad for the seniors. On to Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment